Lawn mower maintenance best practises
These few simple maintenance tips will keep your lawn mower in good order.
For specific maintenance instructions for your mower please refer to the owner’s manual.
- Keep an eye on the oil level and remove old or contaminated oil replacing with new as needed.
- Inspect air filters and replace if they are clogged up or dirty. Air Filters are quick and inexpensive to replace so it's worth the effort to replace annually.
- Spark plugs are also inexpensive and are an important part of the smooth running of your petrol machine. Replace spark plugs on an annual basis, this will help the mower to start with ease every time (no more ripping the cord!)
- Sharp blades provide a nice clean cut, blunt blades rip and tear the grass so keeping blades sharp is an important job as this can have quite the impact on the health of the plant.
- Following each mowing it's good practise to remove any debris and grass cuttings from the underside to avoid clogging or just causing a bad smell.
- Drain any remaining petrol from the mower at the end of the season and add fresh in the Spring
If you prefer, take your mower to a professional on an annual basis and they will cover the above checks for you.
Ready to be proud of your garden?
Transform your lawn in under 3 days with our Performance Liquid Lawn Feed.